JOIN OUR GREAT TEAM
EFC Developments is continually looking for aspiring, confident and knowledgeable leaders.
EFC Developments has a long-standing history of implementing and developing employee’s professional careers by identifying their individual strengths. It is through our employees increasing industry knowledge, enthusiasm, and training that EFC Developments has been able to grow with our employee’s career aspirations.
Our Human Resources commitment is to:
- Recruit qualified individuals;
- Retain valued employees;
- Train, develop and promote promising individuals to increase the overall value of the organization;
- Provide and promote a safe and healthy work environment;
- Continually inspire and encourage a high level of employee morale through recognition, effective communication and delivering constant feedback;
- Support employees through the administration of benefits, policies, and procedures.
Our team work philosophy is inspired by effective organizational skills, proactive efforts, and maintaining a valued work-life balance.
EFC Developments takes pride in being an equal opportunity employer. We support an open and inclusive work environment that values diversity in our employees, including their individual differences, qualifications, ideas, and contributions.
To search for both full-time and part-time employment opportunities see the list below or forward a copy of your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Senior Estimator (Commercial Construction)
Closing Date: November 12, 2020.
Executive Flight Centre Developments (“EFC Developments") offers a full spectrum of real estate development and tenant management services to aviation focused clients.
Headquartered in Calgary, with operations in both Alberta and British Columbia, our services include initial facility design consultation through to the leasing of existing office or hangar/terminal space. Our vision is to provide an excellent quality of service to all customers in the Aviation Industry by focusing on Safety, Quality, Consistency and Customer Service.
Our Calgary Head Office location is seeking a Senior Estimator to support our growing and diverse operations.
Conduct construction estimating, budgeting and bidding for assigned projects. Interact with architects, clients and Senior Operations staff to ensure a clear understanding of project objectives, schedules and other relevant information. Obtain all needed cost information from reliable subcontractors and suppliers to meet project requirements.
- Estimate small to multi-million-dollar commercial construction projects
- Produce timely, accurate conceptual budgets and hard bid estimates from sub solicitation to final proposal submitted to owner.
- Write scope of work for both conceptual and plan/spec estimates and proposals.
- Work with various stakeholders to maximize client satisfaction and overall project profit margins.
- Qualify sub-contractor proposals for completeness andaccuracy.
- Consult with clients, sub-contractors, personnel in other departments orconstruction site personnel to discuss, formulate estimates and resolve issues.
- Prepare conceptual budgets on minimal information.
- Prepare cost and expenditure statements/reports and other necessary documentation at regular intervals for the duration of the project(s).
- Set up cost monitoring and reporting systems and procedures.
- Establish and maintain tendering process and conduct negotiations.
- Must be able to generate solid leads through industry contacts and associations.
- Pricing of Change Orders – as required
- Identify, develop, and maintain relationships with architects, developers and Owners to generate new business opportunities.
- Attend industry events and other meetings to stay abreast of market conditions, competition and establish relationships with existing clients and prospects.
- Estimating Certificate, Civil Engineer Technologist or other relevant technical
background in construction. Combination of Experience and Education will be considered.
- A minimum of 8 years of estimating experience working for a general contractor or developer in a commercial environment is required
- Strong working knowledge of Critical Path scheduling (MS Project preferred), Microsoft office – especially Excel and Word, Hard Dollar and or equivalent required.
- Strong communication skills, demonstrated verbally, in written reports, presentations and meeting facilitation.
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills.
- Strong understanding of reading/interpreting blueprints
- Comfortable undertaking large projects
- Outstanding negotiation skills
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and accuracy.
- Must be a team player and self-starter with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to obtain a Transportation Security Clearance is required
- Willingness to travel is required
- Strong people skills with a proven ability to build relationships at all levels of an organization.
- Strong team player with the ability to work well in a team environment while maintaining a positive outlook and attitude.
- Responsiveness, including the ability to anticipate client needs and commit to respond in agreed timeframes.
- An innovator with a proven ability to identify, evaluate and develop new idea’s with supportable results.
- Results oriented with a drive to succeed. Ability to set clear and achievable goals and deliver on these commitments.
- Demonstrates excellent business ethics and is a trustworthy member of the Construction/Development community.
Executive Flight Centre Developments offers competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package, an incredible work environment, and career advancement opportunities.
Please include your resume and cover letter when applying for this position; indicating the position title and location you are applying for in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Executive Flight Centre Development; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
If you think you are a good fit, please send a copy of your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Built with Passion, inspired by Aviation