Website EFC Developments
Closing Date: When suitable candidate is found
Executive Flight Centre Developments (“EFC Developments) offers a full spectrum of general contractor, property development, facility maintenance and property leasing services. Headquartered in Calgary, with operations in both Alberta and British Columbia, our services include initial facility design, consultation, construction through to leasing. Our vision is to provide an excellent quality of service to all customers focusing on Safety, Quality, Consistency and Customer Service.
Our Edmonton location is seeking an experienced Facility Maintenance Technician to support our diverse operations.
Reporting to the Facility Maintenance Manager, the Facility Maintenance Technician provides corrective and preventative maintenance services on buildings for EFC Developments. The majority of buildings are located at the Edmonton International Airport with others throughout Alberta and BC.
This role is responsible for overseeing, putting into action and conducting general maintenance responsibilities of the facilities, including (but not limited to) equipment maintenance / inspections, facility upkeep, and coordination of contractors conducting construction, tenant improvements and/or other tasks at the facility. The role also encompasses maintaining and utilization of the company’s Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) at each site.
In conjunction with these responsibilities this position will also be responsible to assist the Facility Maintenance Manager with specific duties as outlined below.
- Conduct regular inspections and ensure the upkeep and maintenance of all areas in each of the facilities.
- Create /maintain a schedule of regular evaluations of the facilities.
- Participate in the development of policies and procedures that affect the use of the facilities (for our tenants or clients).
- Create proactive monitoring system(s) and/or programs for the facilities to detect problems as early as possible.
- Initiate “interventions” to solve problems in the facilities.
- Ensure the proper working of all electrical and mechanical units and systems in each facility.
- Manage and maintain the 24hr tenant/client emergency service program.
- Maintain records of all maintenance and service activities in each facility.
- Working with other personnel in the Developments division, ensure professional trade partners are selected and cost estimates represent the best possible value for the company.
- Place orders for parts/equipment for repairs/replacement and ascertain the proper documentation of the same.
- Synchronize work processes with other departments/divisions within the group of companies.
- Ensure selected trades conform to EFC Developments processes, budgets and timelines for maintenance specific projects.
- Manage and maintain emergency process and procedures, including on-call work, ensuring timely and consistent response times in all emergency situations.
- Maintain a tidy and orderly work area exhibiting pride in work performance and contributing to a healthy and safe work environment.
- Ensure exceptional, courteous and respectful customer service through compliance.
- Comply with and participate in the Company’s Health & Safety and Quality programs and initiatives.
- Perform any other duties as required.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience in facility maintenance or construction environment.
- Skilled in light maintenance, basic handy-man and project-based activities.
- Excellent communication, organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, work as a team, and work independently.
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, Outlook and Project.
- Experience with schedules including Microsoft Navision 09 is preferred.
- Experience with CMMS software is preferred however not required.
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License (No GDL – must provide drivers abstract).
- Self-motivated with a high attention to detail.
- Works well under pressure and able to balance multiple priorities and assignments.
- Strong customer service and troubleshooting skills.
- Must be willing to travel to surrounding areas.
- Must be available for on-call/ standby and emergency call outs as they arise.
- Must be able to obtain a Transport Canada Airport Security Clearance.
- Able to work collaboratively as a productive member of the EFC Developments Team.
Executive Flight Centre Developments offers competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package, an incredible work environment, and career advancement opportunities.
Please visit our web site at http://www.efcdev.ca/careers/ for a complete description of our company and to view other career opportunities and to apply for this role.
Please include your resume and cover letter when applying for this position; indicating the position title and location you are applying for in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Executive Flight Centre Development; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.